When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CECIL WALKER 1939 - "S T A Y E R"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

corbettclassics

I live for the CABE
Here's my old 1939 Cecil Walker Stayer bike which was the "only Stayer" bike that Walker ever built. His own personal bike that I found out of Australia many yrs ago. He sold it in 1956 to a couple of guys who assembled it and tried to do some high speed laps on the Velodrome there. By the 3rd lap and top speed they had some wheel wobble and abandoned their attempt. The bike sat ever since until it came to my collection. Super RARE!!!

L1090272.JPG

L1090264.JPG

L1090266.JPG

L1090270.JPG

L1090265.JPG

L1090269.JPG

L1090261.JPG

L1090262.JPG

L1090273.JPG

L1090257.JPG

Really! Please explain Pace Following to us and the advantages and disadvantages of following the pacer and why the forks are reversed.
I'm missing something here. Am I to believe the forks are reversed on purpose? Standard theory states the higher the speed, the more trail is wanted for stabile steering characteristics. Can an expert chime in here?

Here's my old 1939 Cecil Walker Stayer bike which was the "only Stayer" bike that Walker ever built. His own personal bike that I found out of Australia many yrs ago. He sold it in 1956 to a couple of guys who assembled it and tried to do some high speed laps on the Velodrome there. By the 3rd lap and top speed they had some wheel wobble and abandoned their attempt. The bike sat ever since until it came to my collection. Super RARE!!!

View attachment 658222

View attachment 658223

View attachment 658224

View attachment 658226

View attachment 658227

View attachment 658228

View attachment 658230

View attachment 658231

View attachment 658232

View attachment 658233
That's a real beauty! - plz flip fork.

I'm missing something here. Am I to believe the forks are reversed on purpose? Standard theory states the higher the speed, the more trail is wanted for stabile steering characteristics. Can an expert chime in here?
not me, but I was told by a professed trail expert that reversed forks make the bike steering total on-center, as in you have to really horse it to turn.

Back