When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield Columbia G519 Frame Numbers

-
Hi Johan,

Thanks for that, now on the list.

Out of interest, can you tell me where in France (email privately if you prefer). Mine is a very similar frame number, and came from Champagne. It looks like a fair number of thses later K8 dated bikes made it to europe.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Now currently owned by someone in the Vosges (Eastern France) but said to have been found in the Normandy Carentan area...

Hi All,

Shockingly, it's about five years since I published a Military update, so, here it is.

As ever, if your bike is on here, and you wish to correct or add details, please contact me.

New frames welcome (-:

1617547867015.png

In addition to these I know of two more G519 where I don't have the details to put them on the list.

The scores for known Westfield Columbias at April 2021 are:

MF G519 = 2
MG G519 = 67 (plus the two unidentified)
MG M306 = 12
MC USMC? = 6

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi All,

Shockingly, it's about five years since I published a Military update, so, here it is.

As ever, if your bike is on here, and you wish to correct or add details, please contact me.

New frames welcome (-:

View attachment 1385423

In addition to these I know of two more G519 where I don't have the details to put them on the list.

The scores for known Westfield Columbias at April 2021 are:

MF G519 = 2
MG G519 = 67 (plus the two unidentified)
MG M306 = 12
MC USMC? = 6

Best Regards,

Adrian

Thank you Adrian for all your effort and hard work, it is greatly appreciated!

Regards, Andy

Hi Alvin @altapat

Thank you for the interesting information about the G519's on the Philippines, and I appreciate the offer of gathering more information when you return there. Between yourself and @schwinnphantom , this weekend has produced more 'new' frames than at any time since I initially compiled the list.

MG154241/K8 is an August 1943 frame, originally with an M2 or M3 (Quarter 2 or 3 1943) Morrow hub, and sweetheart type chainring. But these things often became swapped during repairs.

The closest known survivor is MG154118/K8, which was found in the Champagne region of France (these bikes got around). That bike was also a rebuild from a frame, but luckily retained it's original M2 dated Morrow hub. Coincidenally, it's my bike (-:

Incidentally, these frames are mixed in with the women's frames which were being made at the same time.

I still need to sort out the contract numbers properly for Columbias, they are more complex than for Huffmans, but I will publish them here when they are done.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi Alvin @altapat

MG87407 is, as you think, a 1942 frame, possibly J7, 8 or 9 (July to Sept 1942). Originially it would have had the Coffin style chainring, and an L2 or L3 (Quarter 2 or 3 1942) dated Morrow . It is one of the earliest of the straight bar frames.

MG87566 of @moparwrecker72 is the closest survivor I have recorded:

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
Back