When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield Columbia G519 Frame Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi All,

Here is Version 3 of the Columbia Military update, correct to September 2022.

As ever, if your bike is on here, and you wish to correct or add details, please contact me.

I would like to thank the many people who have contributed details to this table.

New frames welcome (-:

1662309260477.png

In addition to these I know of three more G519 where I don't have the details to put them on the list.

The scores for known Westfield Columbias at September 2022 are:

MF G519 = 3 (plus one unidentified)
MG G519 = 78 (plus the two unidentified)
MG M306 = 12
MC USMC? = 8

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
Hi Adrian, just looked at the pictures of my Columbia, but the number is MF17418 not 9, or is that a different one?

See pictures, I have to make some new ones, these are from the bike still being in NY state.

Lex

001.jpg

007.jpg

KIMG1937.JPG

KIMG1933.JPG

Hi Lex,

Thanks for the pictures (-:

And , yes, I got the last number wrong, Sorry.

I re-read the original thread, and it's correct there, so no excuses from me (-:

Updated list is as below.

1669895584626.png

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi Dan @Daniel

Thanks for passing on your details, every little bit helps. (-:

Yours is quite close to that of @johan willaert , who runs the Liberator website, I'm sure you've seen pages from:

Did you find this one in the UK or import it? I just missed one in Wales some 20 years ago, and still wonder what became of it...

Best Regards,

Adrian
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply.. Thats really interesting.. I will take another look on the liberator site.. some great info already gleaned there!

I found this bike advertised at a military show here in the UK, it was imported by the seller who wanted to build a tribute only to find it was an actual G519. Its complete and has had a refurbishment but really needs a full restoration. I am in the process of gathering parts for it and have just purchased a restored saddle to replace mine which is in poor shape from ebay US which is on its way.. a set of NOS bars to replace the pitted originals and a pair of amazing reproduced grips from the talented Kevin Carol should see it well on its way.. i have found the front fender light and a set of US Royal chain tyres but ideally need a rear fender and reflector if anyone has a source as its fairly damaged & has been cut down (for ease of wheel removal im guessing) and the ellusive saddle bag pump & bell hopefully one day!
I also have a completely original untouched 2nd pattern BSA parabike in my workshops that i will send you the details of when i get a moment.. thanks for the effort you have put in to the register.. Its so interesting to see this info collated in one place and the patterns that emerge!

Best regards,

Dan

Hi Dan, @Daniel

Thanks for your feedback (-: I appreciate it.

That's quite surprising about the frame being an actual G519 in the end, I bet you were well pleased with that. I would be.

I'm sorry that I'm unable to help with any of your missing parts.

It was frustration with not knowing what the changes to G519's were and when which started this list. For the BSA parabike, I held off doing it because I thught there was one in progress, (there wasn't) and that, other than 1st or 2nd pattern, they were essentially all the same. They aren't.

I should have a listing similar to the G519 list out very soon, and your details for that will be welcome.

Here's the start of the 2nd Pattern list, there's about 270 examples listed now. Thanks for the help of those who have contributed.
1669897497448.png

1669897427477.png

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi Johan, @johan willaert

Thanks for that (-:

As I said above, every little helps, and this one is the latest known of the penultimate contract, extending the possible range out by 1000 frames.

As you said, missing parts, but the Sweetheart chainwheel is still there, almost the last made like that before they reverted to the Coffin type.

It fits right in to @blackcat 's collecting preference, bikes that were used in Europe. It seems that there are more of these later bikes that made it over here, which makes sense, since the early bikes would have been supplied for use in the US, then these shipped direct to Europe later.

Best Regards,

Adrian

PS, as we say in the UK, it's like buses, none come for a long time, and then there are two at once. (-:

Hi Adrian,

I see this one is still missing from your list... MG158655 Most likely K8
I spotted it back in June 2015 in front of a souvenir shop in Arromanches, Normandy.
Heavily modified/butchered but still an original frame and some parts...
Don't know where it went afterwards...

View attachment 1743048

View attachment 1743049

View attachment 1743050

View attachment 1743051

Hello Johan;
It's a nice base for restoration as i like 😺
I have never heard of this one.
Regards;
Serge

Last edited:
Back