When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official G & J Clincher Rims Thread

-
Really interesting info but I have a question. I recently bought a 1920s Elgin that has an all metal rim similar to the ones in the '08 Racycle catalog but with a rolled back edge. I've found that a conventional 27 x 11/4" tire, kind of a standard 10sp tire circa '70-'80s is just a slight bit oversize but rideable. Any ideas on this? Thanks, Thursday
Pictures? And is your question about it being 27 instead of 28?

Here is a bike being sold here with GJ's.
1618879264536.png

1618879149489.png

New 27" tires? BSD?

Marty. I saw this ad here awhile ago and could not find it. Does it not suggest others made this similarly-folded, metal, beaded rim that only appears to be a g&j?

Hi All,

This might be the place to order Rubenas.

I just found this site and ordered a pair of Creme Rubenas for $27, shipping was $25. Waiting for the email confirmation and maybe get a sense of delivery timing since I'm not sure where they are coming from. Somewhere in Europe...
Warning, we're all thinking this may be a scam website so do not order tires from WEFORWILDT until some of us receive our tires or we can confirm through Paypal or other entity that this website is legitimate. I'm deleting the link. My most profound apologies to everyone if this turns out to be a fraudulent site. Damn, those tires looked so good.😧

Last edited:
Wow!
That’s great!
Thanks for the info.
I ordered a 10 count of the creme color, and they gave me free shipping and a quantity discount, so it only cost $99.00
That seems way too good to be true, so I’m thinking it might be a scam.
I’ll be sure and let you guys know, if I just bought drinks for a bunch of guys over in Germany, or if I just scored 10 badass creme color 28” Rubena’s for a hundred bucks.

Wow!
That’s great!
Thanks for the info.
I ordered a 10 count of the creme color, and they gave me free shipping and a quantity discount, so it only cost $99.00
That seems way too good to be true, so I’m thinking it might be a scam.
I’ll be sure and let you guys know, if I just bought drinks for a bunch of guys over in Germany, or if I just scored 10 badass creme color 28” Rubena’s for a hundred bucks.
Check your Paypal or credit card; your money just went to China. I bought 3 pairs; they did the same $99 thing. I checked the Paypal and they billed $113.80; the company name was just Chinese characters.

Last edited:
It seems odd if they'd also ship from China- Rubenas are made in Czeque Republic - former company name "Barum". The pictures in the ad for sure shows real Rubenas.
The black and red ones are still available for a similar price at legit sources- as where the white ones before they phased out.
I'm curiuos what happens next and keep my fingers crossed you guys receive some rubber ;)

The website promoting the sales itself is apparently US-based:

Hmmmmm!🤔
I got the email confirmation, and sure enough, it’s from China.
No unusual activity, but it definitely seems a bit fishy.
Odd to run a scam on Rubena tires.
How many people are actually looking for those tires?
Maybe 10 or 20 in the whole World?
Hmmmmmm!🤔

Back