Finally riding a big boys bike
Feb 19, 2017
Front Royal, Virginia

Rides4Fun

Feb 19, 2017
Front Royal, Virginia
11580DBA-0205-4BF7-9E04-FC28F7A35C4B.jpeg

I’ve had some life events the past two years that have kept me off my bike. Although it was hot and humid this evening, I was able to take the “Mutt” (her name) out for a little ride. She may not be a thorough-bred, but that’s what makes her attractive to my eye. The best part was just getting out an enjoying the ride!

SKPC

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Feb 2, 2018
Utah - United States
Hawthorne Flyer for 55mi today. From the house down to the Wedge, up the Newport back bay, San Diego Creek to Laguna Canyon Road, then flipped it and headed back up the Cali coast awhile, then back up the Santa Ana River channel to Costa Mesa.
This stripped down and tight ride is quiet as a mouse and fast as s*%#!! I have been piling the miles on, so I may need a new chain soon.
It's really quite the ride, and nothing like anything else I own, I will say that. If you rode this bike, it would surprise you.
84600.JPG

IMG_9055.JPG

Last edited:

piercer_99

I live for the CABE
Dec 27, 2015
Sanger, TX

Hammerhead

Oct 5, 2018
Franklin,NH

Blackbomber

Aug 23, 2018
Unionville, CT
I had one stolen today at the public library what a bummer it's posted stolen and I'm moving on.
I feel for you, man. Glad you are moving on. I had one stolen as a kid, and dreamt about it for years after. Odd that such a unique bike would be targeted. Maybe just a joyrider, and it turns up later. In any case, I'll miss seeing it in this thread.

Blackbomber

Aug 23, 2018
Unionville, CT
Gave some attention to my '55 'Vette yesterday. I haven't ridden this bike much recently. I think it's because it's hard to ride, and uncomfortable, compared to my lightweights. So I added a wider bar with more pullback (from '76 Speedster), a pair of nicely yellowed chubby grips, and the Faulhaber seat (courtesy of @WetDogGraphix). I also replaced all the brake pads with new cheapies, and cleaned and greased the caliper pivots, headset and BB. While I had the fork out, I removed the front rack, and also the headlight. The bike feels a lot nicer, and I'm liking the change of appearance, too. Next step is a larger rear cog, and at some point, a well needed deep cleaning. Anyway, I'm liking my Corvette again!

IMG_0300.JPG

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture