When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield Columbia G519 Frame Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi Alvin @altapat

MG87407 is, as you think, a 1942 frame, possibly J7, 8 or 9 (July to Sept 1942). Originially it would have had the Coffin style chainring, and an L2 or L3 (Quarter 2 or 3 1942) dated Morrow . It is one of the earliest of the straight bar frames.

MG87566 of @moparwrecker72 is the closest survivor I have recorded:

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian for the details you provided. Now the search for the elusive hubs begins.

MG14220A now completely restored in France

5A7563AC-83C5-43D5-817F-F9583DB63936.jpeg

Also just like my 42966 bike, no extra welds on it. This frame is in really nice shape. Very light J3 stamp.
I have found some OD paint in the BB .

Last edited:
Hi @Goldslinger

Nice (-:

Thanks for sharing the details. Just to check, that is MG48708 / J3.? So a March 1942 frame.

As you mention, brazed, not welded at this point, and it possibly had a brass headbadge. Like the other parts, it's a shame it's missing, it's something I'm trying to establish the changeover point for. Did any other parts survive 'Klunking'?

Possibly an L1 or L2 Morrow hub, again, I have few details on this.

It's unlikely that it would be painted grey at the factory (I see you've now found green paint). These bikes were not supplied on a Navy contract number, and it makes more sense logistically to paint everything green, and let the unit it is delivered to worry about the colour.

You have a lot of work there!

The nearest survivor so far recorded is here at post 7.

MG48766 / J3

Best Regards,

Adrian

Just picked up a G519 here in the UK. Somebody painted it black, so probably due a full resto. The frame no is MG16854 (might be MG10854 as black paint is a bit thick)

I’m pretty happy as far as I can tell it’s all correct aside grips and tyres (I have its original tyres US Master)

thanks for any help

C1F7AD5B-BD86-45EB-98CC-4AE9FE6DB47E.jpeg

Hi @Yetifan

When I lived in the UK, I only ever saw one original G519 for sale, somewhere in Wales. In those days I didn't know enough to take the serial number. They don't turn up often there, although there are photos and film of them being used on USAAF airfields.

As you know, if you've read this thread, I'm keeping a register of G519's as they appear, and I would certainly like to know more about this one.

The 'curved bar' frame indicates that it should have been made before around June 1942. The serial number is a little odd, and you may like to clean it to see what it is.. I've sent you a personal mail discussing it.

Thanks for showing it, and I look forward to seeing more as you work on it.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I saw this bike for sale on facebook last weekend and have seena photo of the frame number.
I believe it is most likely MG10854....Even if it is 16854 that would make it the earliest curved tube MG known.
The headbadge is most likely repro or at least post WW2 and seems to be glued to the frame rather than attached with small round head screws. Army frame had the screws mounted horizontally, while many civilian models have the holes in the frame vertically.
That was a very good price though....

I saw this bike for sale on facebook last weekend and have seena photo of the frame number.
I believe it is most likely MG10854....Even if it is 16854 that would make it the earliest curved tube MG known.
The headbadge is most likely repro or at least post WW2 and seems to be glued to the frame rather than attached with small round head screws. Army frame had the screws mounted horizontally, while many civilian models have the holes in the frame vertically.
That was a very good price though....
Thanks.

currently taking it to bits to sort out that black paint. Have spoken a lot to Mercian on here, and a few small bits to sort like the head badge, it was added when last owner got the bike there was not one. It should have a brass one. Which I now need to find.

Back