When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield Frame Numbers 1933 - 1945

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@SKPC

Thanks for taking the trouble to transfer the pictures, another for the list. (-:

A248694, C11. Frame made November 1936, and the bike certainly built up in December 1936.

A266083 was the last Westfield produced bike that year, a good one for Westfield sales.

Best Regards,

Adrian

My mom recently passed away and this is her bike from when she was a little girl. She wanted to donate it to a museum... I am just trying to find out something about it. Serial number N144062. Frame manufacture date B10. Looks like it was built in Nov-Dec of 1935? Any idea of what it is worth?

20210227_212326.jpg

20210227_224006_001.jpg

20210227_155405.jpg

My mom recently passed away and this is her bike from when she was a little girl. 1935. Any idea of what it is worth?
Looks like it might clean up well, perhaps there might be chrome and maroon paint underneath the navy blue and aluminum. With new tires and tubes, and a little bit of fork straightening, the bicycle may be refurbished into a nice FLA. beach cruiser.
Worth the cost of economy tires & tubes, and labor, and misc.(?) — maybe, but maybe not.

Last edited:
Looks like it might clean up well, perhaps there might be chrome and maroon paint underneath the navy blue and aluminum. With new tires and tubes, and a little bit of fork straightening, the bicycle may be refurbished into a nice FLA. beach cruiser.
Worth the cost of economy tires & tubes, and labor, and misc.(?) — maybe, but maybe not.
I didn't realize that the front fork is bent, but I think you are right. The front fender rubs the frame when turning.

Hi @jhroof

Thanks for supplying the details.

You are correct, N1440623, B10's frame was made in October 1935, so probably built up then or shortly after. Westfield at this point was in full swing making Elgin Bluebirds, and your serial number is surrounded by them.

I can only find a oouple of later Women's Westfield Sterlings, the links are below to give you a rough idea of what it looked like originally, , but they are not quite the same as yours.

1940: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/the-sterling-what-is-it.181336/

1941: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/sold-survivor-og-1941-ladies-westfield-sterling.39367/

Best Regards,

Adrian

Thank you @Mercian for this list. I have 3 Westfield built pre-war bikes and I will post their info.

First is a girl's 1936 Elgin. Serial # A249298 / BB Code: C11 (Nov 1936). The rear hub is Morrow but I don't see any other script stamped on it other than it's name. I think the chainring is called a sweetheart.

IMG_5315.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

Back